Virginia Tech Honor Band Festival - January 19-21, 2024
The Virginia Tech Honor Band takes place annually in January in Blacksburg and accepts students by band director’s recommendation. Nearly 400 visiting students and their directors participate in rehearsals, clinics, and performances with Virginia Tech music faculty and guest clinicians. The weekend culminates with performances in the Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre in the Moss Arts Center. This concert is free and open to the public.
Bands will be conducted by:
Watch the live stream of the Virginia Tech Honor Band Concert below on Jan. 21 at 1 p.m.
- The Inn at Virginia Tech - 877-200-3360
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg - 540-552-6246
- Hyatt Place Blacksburg - 540-552-7500
- Residence Inn by Marriott - 540-750-4400
- Holiday Inn Express - 540-552-5636
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - 540-726-4242
- Marriott Courtyard - 540-552-5222
- Hampton Inn (NRV Mall) - 540-381-5874
- Holiday Inn Christiansburg - 540-381-8100
- Quality Inn - 540-382-2055
- Comfort Inn - 540-951-1500
- Holiday Inn Express (I-81) - 540-382-6500
- Fairfield Inn (I-81) - 540-381-9596
Note: we are not directly affiliated with any of these hotels.
Like any college campus, parking at Virginia Tech can be challenging without a plan. On Saturday and Sunday, all spaces are open without permits and parking is free, but Friday requires some planning. We cannot reimburse or forgive any parking tickets.
Parking for drop-off is the parking meters behind Squires on Alumni Mall
Parking for school vans or buses is available for free at the Chicken Hill parking lot
- A shuttle will run between Chicken Hill and Squires Student Center
- The shuttle will run from from 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Parking for personal vehicles is available through the ParkMobile app, or through the purchase of a $6 daily permit.