Virginia Tech Concert Band Festival - April 27, 2024
Virginia Tech Concert Band Festival
Wednesday, April 27, 2024
You and your students will perform in a world-class facility, the Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre in the Moss Arts Center, a 1200-seat performance hall with acoustics ideal for large ensembles. Without the constraints of ratings or placements, you and your students can enjoy performing in an amazing venue and working with remarkable clinicians.
For the $500 registration fee, each ensemble will receive:
- Up to a 25-minute performance on stage. The program is the director's choice.
- A 20-minute cinic on stage with Derek Shapiro, Director of Bands at Virginia Tech
- A 30-minute clinic with one of the festival clinicians
- Recorded comments from two clinicians
- A high-quality audio and video recording of your performance, including a conductor-side camera
- Videos of your clinics
- Free admission for audience members who wish to view the concerts
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Feb. 12, 2024 and will close on March 8,. Interested ensembles are encouraged to apply early to guarantee a performance slot, as we expect slots to fill.
Guest clinicians this year are:
- The Inn at Virginia Tech - 877-200-3360
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg - 540-552-6246
- Hyatt Place Blacksburg - 540-552-7500
- Residence Inn by Marriott - 540-750-4400
- Holiday Inn Express - 540-552-5636
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - 540-726-4242
- Marriott Courtyard - 540-552-5222
- Hampton Inn (NRV Mall) - 540-381-5874
- Holiday Inn Christiansburg - 540-381-8100
- Quality Inn - 540-382-2055
- Comfort Inn - 540-951-1500
- Holiday Inn Express (I-81) - 540-382-6500
- Fairfield Inn (I-81) - 540-381-9596
Note: we are not directly affiliated with any of these hotels.