Woodwind Day - March 16, 2024
The Virginia Tech Woodwind Day will take place on Saturday, March 16, 2024 in Blacksburg, VA. This annual event features VT’s woodwind faculty, guest artists, students, and participants in recitals, masterclasses, and workshops.
This event is free and open to the public. Registration is encouraged.
- The Inn at Virginia Tech - 877-200-3360
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg - 540-552-6246
- Hyatt Place Blacksburg - 540-552-7500
- Residence Inn by Marriott - 540-750-4400
- Holiday Inn Express - 540-552-5636
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - 540-726-4242
- Marriott Courtyard - 540-552-5222
- Hampton Inn (NRV Mall) - 540-381-5874
- Holiday Inn Christiansburg - 540-381-8100
- Quality Inn - 540-382-2055
- Comfort Inn - 540-951-1500
- Holiday Inn Express (I-81) - 540-382-6500
- Fairfield Inn (I-81) - 540-381-9596
Note: we are not directly affiliated with any of these hotels.
- 9:00 am - check in/vendor display (Squires room 243)
- 10:00 am - student ensemble rehearsal (Squires room 243)
11:00 am - masterclass (Squires Recital Salon)
- 12:00 pm - lunch/individual practice (Squires room 243)
- 1:30 pm - faculty recital (Squires Recital Salon)
- 3:00 pm - student ensembles rehearsal (Squires room 243)
- 4:00 pm - students ensemble concert (Squires Recital Salon)
Like any college campus, parking at Virginia Tech can be challenging without a plan. On Saturday and Sunday, all spaces are open without permits and parking is free, but Friday requires some planning. We cannot reimburse or forgive any parking tickets.
Parking for drop-off is the parking meters behind Squires on Alumni Mall
Parking for school vans or buses is available for free at the Chicken Hill parking lot
- A shuttle will run between Chicken Hill and Squires Student Center
- The shuttle will run from from 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Parking for personal vehicles is available through the ParkMobile app, or through the purchase of a $6 daily permit.