Shanon Weaver holds a BA in Theatre & Dance (playwriting focus) from the University of Texas at Austin and a MFA in Acting from the University of Georgia. He also received conservatory training at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York.
Weaver has been acting professionally for over 30 years. A member of AEA, he has an extensive list of credits on stage, on screen, and behind a microphone. He was also a co-founder and Co-Artistic Director of a chick & a dude productions - an award-winning Austin, TX theatre company - for 15 years.
Weaver’s interests include realism-based acting methodology, voice work, dialects, voice over, stage movement, and staged violence and intimacy. His research seeks to integrate philosophy and spirituality into modern realism as an acting methodology and the training thereof.
- Voice Over
- The Practical Aesthetic
- Linklater voice work
- Laban movement work
- MFA in Acting, University of Georgia, 2021
- BA in Theatre & Dance (Playwriting focus), the University of Texas at Austin, 2015
- Conservatory Actor Training, AMDA NY, 1997
- Broadway World Austin Awards 2016—Best Actor in a Comedy (Nominee)
- Austin Critics Table Awards 2014—Actor in a Leading Role (Nominee)
- B. Iden Payne Awards 2014—Outstanding Actor, Drama (Nominee)
- NYC Fringe 2005—Outstanding Cast Performance
- B. Iden Payne Awards 2003—Outstanding Original Script
- B. Iden Payne Awards 2003—Outstanding Ensemble Performance